Leighton House Museum
The house was built from 1864 and is located adjacent to Holland Park in Kensington and was the studio and home of Sir Frederic Leighton.
The Grade 1 Museum was in need of conservation repairs both internally and externally including the removal of modern interventions and the complete renewal of mechanical and electrical installations.
The internal repairs including cleaning and consolidating 16th Century Islamic tiles, conserving historic decorations where they remained , undertaking investigations to establish the original colour schemes and finishes and reinstating the house back to its’ 19th Century appearance. Conservation heating and humidity control were introduced to the Museum as was display lighting sympathetic to the period and modern fire and security installations.
The external repairs comprised conservation cleaning, brickwork and roof repairs and external redecorations.